October 04, 2019
Over the summer, I visited Warwick Museum and spotted a 'friendship cloth' (photo below) hand sewn with names, dates and messages from world leaders such as John F Kennedy and Winston Churchill.
It got me thinking. We've built this huge global community online through our shared passion for cross stitch. We sit in our homes and towns from New Zealand to Canada and a hundred places in between, each stitching our lovely projects.
But what if there was a way to each contribute to a giant cross stitch piece? I was inspired by the 'friendship cloth' to launch our latest project, Stitched Together!
We could see each other's individual personalities through the stitches and it would mark a point in time where we all came together (however many miles apart) through this one cross stitched piece.
Whoever you are and wherever you live, I would love for you to send over a little cross stitched piece and I will personally stitch them all together into one giant wall hanging! If we get enough and there's the demand, I will also have it turned into a print so anyone can buy a copy for their own home or office.
OK, so here are the requirements:-
1. Please use any piece of aida or evenweave (any colour and any count)
2. Please make sure your stitched area is no larger than 3 x 3 inches. Please allow at least 2 inches of fabric around every side so that your fabric measures 5 x 5 inches at least.
3. Use any colour thread.
4. Stitch your name plus any icon (e.g. flag, face, animal, landmark, date, location etc.) You can see my personal contribution above - 'Sally' and our caterpillar mascot 'Carlos' measuring 3 x 3 inches. You can find some great free alphabet patterns HERE.
5. Please post your stitched piece to me (some type of recorded / tracked delivery is recommended as we don't want the postal system to lose anything!) Unfortunately, we can't return stitched pieces nor can we guarantee their safe arrival.
6. All participants will be credited with their name and location when the final piece is completed!
7. There is no deadline for this project, but ideally, please send your pieces to me by 1st March 2020, I will have them all stitched together during March and share it with you all. Please invite your friends and family via social media too - let's see how many we can get!
8. Please send your stitched pieces to: Sally Wilson c/o Caterpillar Cross Stitch, 51 De Montfort Road, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1DE, UK.
I'm so excited to get started and I can't wait to see your contributions.
April 19, 2020
Have you posted any pictures of the stitched together project yet? It will be fun to see all the blocks
January 08, 2020
Is it too late to join? I am in the USA so shipping would take awhile.
I only found out about this today after seeing a piece in February’s Cross Stitch Crazy, have you extended the deadline for pieces?
January 02, 2020
Is it too late to send in a stitched piece for the Stitched Together project?
I would have loved to do it but am this on 12/18 so i wont have enough time
November 05, 2019
What an awesome idea! 💛
I will be sending mine this week! Once I figured out what to stitch, I had so much fun creating this piece, I almost hate to part with it! But, friendship triumphs! Thanks for hosting this!
October 30, 2019
Fantastic – thanks Dee!
October 08, 2019
I think this is a great idea and I’ll be making my contribution as soon as I can. I’m in Wolves so not too far from Warwickshire!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
February 03, 2021
December 23, 2020
December 13, 2020